Our principal is a Dutch, young and rapidly growing (awards winning) developer and producer of high-tech equipment. It has offices and production facilities in the Netherlands (Den Bosch area) and the US and employs some 300 people.
Supply Chain and Manufacturing (SC&M) employs approximately 100 people in The Netherlands and embraces Planning, Purchasing, Logistics, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance teams. A partner in the US provides Logistics, Manufacturing, Quality Control and Customer Support activities for the North American market.
You are responsible for the procurement of parts for the production of high-tech (electronic) equipment, add-ons and filaments. In the first period the focus will primarily be on:
- supplier reduction, as the company now has some 160 suppliers for parts;
- where needed select and contract second vendors for parts and on
- improving the cooperation with R&D regarding New Product Introductions (NPI). The latter challenge is to introduce processes for NPI, which are well implemented in the entire organization.
Of course you will need to source, select and contract new vendors. But it is of equal importance to be able to take the role of ambassador for the company by having full buy-in for anything you do. This requires a strong relationship with your stakeholders: R&D, manufacturing, logistics, manufacturing engineering and finance. You work closely with the Senior Purchaser and Purchasing Assistants in your team and will also have frequent contact with the Supplier Quality Managers and Product Quality Engineers, in the Quality Assurance team. You will also support the SC&M Project Manager with new product introductions.
Finally you will maintain strong relationships with suppliers to ensure a reliable and robust supply chain.
- HBO degree
- sound procurement experience for (electronic) parts in a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Strong communication skills in Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of ERP systems (maybe even Dynamics AX) is a pré
Please send your CV, desired fee and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest 18 June 2018.