Are you interested in an international career in purchasing? Do you want to be on the forefront of technological innovation, and work in an environment where you are literally building the future? Then you may just be the new Buyer Shipbuilding our client is looking for.
Our principal, based in the Dordrecht region, is global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for dredging and wet mining, and is an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. The organization has a focus on innovation, from the design stages, thru construction to life-cycle support. The newbuild organization is backed by a worldwide support organization, employing over 2700 professionals in 36 locations worldwide. Due to growing demand, the company is looking for a Buyer Shipbuilding.
The average value per project is around € 50 mio. Purchases and subcontracting may amount to 80% of the projectvalue. That is where you come in. Of course you are heavily involved in the construction process, closely working together with engineers, supply chain organization and the yard itself. You deal with all materials and components, needed for the new build, such as loading arms, deck and drilling equipment, navigation and communication systems, propulsion equipment, etc.
Your suppliers are based all over the world, more and more also in the Far East. Your commercial role is to select and create deals with these suppliers, focusing on quality, logistics and total cost. Consequently you create PO’s, monitor timely delivery, solve delivery problems, intervene in case of potential breaches or conflict situations, prepare reports for management and assure that alle relevant product and procurement documentation is received/in place.
- technical affinity and education at MBO level or higher
- more than 3 years procurement experience, preferably in a technical/production environment
- experience with ERP systems (MARS or AccountView is a pre)
- excellent command of English (Dutch is less important)
- strong communication skills and a good teamplayer
- a good understanding of structural delivery risks and how to mitigate them
- analytical, decisive, and a keen eye for improvement
- A full-time position in a dynamic environment
- Competitive salary and secondary benefits (pension plan, profit share, travel allowance)
- Ample opportunities for further personal and professional development
Please respond before 31 januari 2018, by sending your CV, containing your experience and expertise, plus your motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained by calling Folkert Schroten, tel. +31 (0)6-2906 6789, or +31 (0)70-240 0414.