Company develops and manufactures complex, tailormade, equipment mainly for offshore purposes. Projects are engineered to order and have a value of € 20 – 50 mio.
Strong global position in its niche. Several thousand employees and several production facilities worldwide. Home office in the Rotterdam area.
The Supply chain manager reports into the CTO and leads a team of 55, with 4 direct reports :
- manager initial procurement
- manager contract management
- manager logistics
- manager after sales procurement.
The ‘manager initial procurement’ has 3 category managers, for hydraulics, for mechanical and for electrical. Each category manager has a team of 2 – 3 category buyers. The team of the ‘manager initial procurement’ also embraces 3 ‘supply chain project leads’.
As ‘category buyer mechanical’ you report into the ‘category manager mechanical’. Your focus will be on the procurement of steel construction work and materials such as steel plates, forgings, castings.
Your focus will be on both tactical and operational procurement:
- price, quality and timely delivery
- finding possibilities to innovate, reduce price or improve processes.
You will source, select, qualify, negotiate and contract suppliers, send PO’s and make sure that goods are delivered and invoiced as agreed.
It is important that you build a collaborative and transparent relationship with your suppliers.
Your main contacts in the organization are work preparation and your colleagues wihin supply chain.
- MBO diploma
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Experience working in procurement
- Good communication and negotiating skill
- EU passport or valid work permit for NL
- Good command of English (Dutch not required).
- Starting salary around € 50K gross/year. In the role your salary can grow to over € 60K/year
- Overtime will be paid additionally
- 29 vacation days
- Office/home working policy: 2 days/wk from home.
- You will start on secondment (detachterings)basis for a period of 12 months. Thereafter it is foreseen that you will get an employment contract with the company itself.
Please send your CV and short motivation letter to email@example.com.
Additional information can be obtained from Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. 070-2400414.