High tech company, part of a large international Group, Dutch headquarters in Twente and several branch offices in the Netherlands, with appr. 2.000 exployees in NL and some 80.000 global.
The site in Twente is state of the art and a fantastic working environment. The company values a good work-life balance and flexibility.
The procurement department is NL is a copy of the worldwide procurement organization and is headed by the head of procurement, who leads 45 professionals in 4 teams and 6 segments:
Team 1, Systems and equipment plus Engineering services; Team 2, Mechanical systems & components; Team 3, Electronic systems & components; Team 4, IT solutions & Consultancy plus General expenses.
Team 4 is led by the Team leader and consists of 8 persons in total, 6 category buyers plus 1 vacant category manager position.
The total spend in NL is appr. € 200 mio., comprising some 50% of sales.
You are the sole category manager in the team as you are expected to coach your colleagues (category buyers) and bring best practices and experience.
You will be managing a spend of appr. € 15 mio., consisting of
- building services – maintenance of buildings and other facilities, investments in facilities (Capex), hiring of architects, consultants, sale of property
- security and security services (e.g. cameras, access systems)
- catering, environment
- energy, e.g. renewable energy projects
- ESD furniture
You will closely work together with the Global category manager (for the entire Group), the category managers at the other major sites within the Group, the facility- and security services departments in NL and your suppliers and contractors.
The category plan for the entire group will be made by the Global category manager. It is important that you participate in the drafting thereof and make sure that it is your plan as well. Many subcategories have a category lead within the Group and you can assume that role for a subcategory if you create sufficient initiatives in that area.
You will be onboarded and after some 3 months you need to be autonomous, after 6 months you need to be accepted by your main stakeholders and after some 12 months you are expected to be completely up and running.
The targets against which your performance is managed, are based on savings, contract coverage and contract compliance within your categories and on supplier management.
At the moment a large construction project on the Twente site is in the execution phase. You will need to participate in the contract management for this project.
You will have to be able to deal with resistance and internal politics as your stakeholders all have their own interests and targets. Finding common ground, getting buy-in for your self and helping others to perform is needed to get accepted.
- At least a completed bachelor study
- Relevant strategic Procurement experience within Construction, Capex and/or Facilities
- Affinity with high tech business
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English. French and/or German are a plus
- Gross yearly salary is max. € 75.000, depending on experience and knowledge
- Profit sharing scheme of appr. 2,5% per year
- 40 leave days per year,
- Travel expenses and a flexible benefits à la carte package with options like purchase/sale of leave hours, internet costs, bicycle plan, company fitness, trade union contribution or relocation costs
- Pension scheme
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained from Erik Fransen, 070-2400414.