Major tank terminal operator for gas, oil, chemicals and oil related products with worldwide presence.
Procurement & Contracting
The regional P&C manager has a team of 15 persons:
- a senior contract manager and two contract managers (one is this vacancy) for investment projects
- three category managers focusing on sustainability investments, maintenance (E&I, mechanical, etc.) and Opex spend
- five operational buyers located on the terminals for local Opex spend
- a support team
As of the start you will be involved in new expansion projects within your region (NL + Be) for tankstorage or for innovation projects (e.g. Hydrogen storage). In practice this mainly means Rotterdam and Antwerp.
Business development will start a new project after approval of the initiative by the terminal’s MD, by attracting a project manager and the contract manager.
There upon an investment proposal needs to be drafted for the project, that will then be evaluated by the MD and finally by the company’s board of directors.There is fierce worldwide internal competition for the company’s investment funds.
It is your role to help create an investment proposal that reflects reality, yet will be able to win the board’s approval and therefore access to the investment funds.
Once the investment proposal is approved it is your responsibility:
- to define the project’s contracting strategy: EPC, EPCM, design & construct, construction only, several contractors, etc., depending on the type of project, the company’s available resources and the locally available contractors
- to foresee contractual risks and define mitigation strategies
- to source, select and contract suppliers and contractors, starting with basic and detailed design (for which you seek approval from the tender board)
- to manage the project team and contractors with respect to contract compliance, variations, claim procedures etc. during project execution.
You continuously work closely together with the project manager and the other project team members and report into your manager, the local MD and into project control.
It is also expected that you contribute to the company’s contract management policies & procedures.
In appr. 1 to 1,5 years there is a possibility to grow into the senior contact management position or into a global contract manager role.
- Technical, Business or Legal Bachelor’s degree
- Solid contracting experience in a technical sector
- Experience with contracting formats such as FIDIC, NEC, UAV and UAV-GC is welcome and so is experience with Claims, Arbitration and DAB procedures
- Fluent in English and Dutch (written and verbal);
- Strong communications skills, ability to deal with different cultures
- Willing to travel for short periods.
- Yearly gross salary up to € 100K, depending on skills and experience
- On target bonus of 15%, max. bonus 22,5%, bonus depends for 80% on company results
- 30 holidays on an annual basis
- Mobility allowance
- Company has its own pension fund, 4% premium paid by employee.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained from Maarten Smits van Oyen, 070-2400414.