TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 21,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
In September 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. This agreement also sets targets for offshore wind development. In June 2014 the Dutch government confirmed the decision for an offshore grid.
The decision to realize 3500 MW of offshore wind energy has been taken in the law ‘Wind op Zee” and TenneT has been appointed as the offshore grid operator. The technical concept (eg. standard platforms) has been developed and the individual projects (spatial, permits, procurement) are ongoing.
In order to initiate, prepare and realize the connections of the offshore wind farms in the Dutch part of the North Sea, the new department Offshore NL is formed. A great opportunity for people who are willing and able to work and build in a dynamic and innovative environment. We are currently looking for a:
Technical Engineer Secondary Systems for Control and Protection Land Stations Offshore NL (Arnhem)
Tasks and responsibilities
As Technical engineer Land Station you are responsible for the technical engineering of the Land Station which connects the offshore grid connection systems to the onshore grid. In total 3500 MW offshore wind energy will get connected to the shore in a safe and timely manner and within quality and budget requirements.
The Land Stations will be connected to the existing 380kV grid, which will be extended in parallel.
Your scope is to manage the design of the Land Station including the interfaces with the parallel projects that are ongoing in the same area.
You will report into the Project Lead Land Station and will be located in the department Offshore NL. You work together with the other engineers within the team for the land station.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
• monitoring / testing the engineering work in accordance with the scope and within the constraints defined by the client;
• controlling and testing of remote engine running parties;
• writing technical specifications and work packages, monitoring technical compliance and reviewing calculations, drawings, reports and third party analysis;
• ensuring quality, performance and relevant (inter) national standards and guidelines in the field of lines;
• first point of contact and partner for technical issues related to the secondary process;
• answering questions from other disciplines and stakeholders about the secondary process;
• representing the engineering team during the procurement process: preparing tender documents relating to the technique, reviewing third-party tender documents and attending BAFO talks with third parties;
• representing the engineering team during the execution of the engineering contract and realization by third parties;
• point of contact for third parties and attending meetings (PMT, engineering consultation, construction meetings).
• You have a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering / Power Electronics or a comparable discipline;
• Experience with secondary systems for Control and Protection for energy transmission in HVAC and HVDC grids, system integration into transport system;
• Excellent communication skills and experience in working project based;
• You have a helicopter view and can work well under pressure;
• You have strong analytical skills;
• As a team player you are pro-active, result driven, encouraging professionals and capable of keeping the team together;
• You enjoy reviewing and coordinating work;
• Willing to travel;
• Fluently in English (spoken and written).
TenneT is a solid stable employer that shows high growth, performing a crucial role in society. A company with one of the biggest investment programs in the country and relations with a wide range of institutions. Within TenneT, Offshore Wind is one of the most revolutionary developments with an attractive long term outlook. TenneT is globally a top offshore grid developer, being the biggest investor in the German energy transition. We offer a responsible function within one of the most dynamic settings in the energy sector in a fascinating and dynamic international working environment.
Duty station for this function is Arnhem.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Please send your CV and motivation letter, latest 23 March 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting Manisha Bodha, tel. 06-26584922 or +31 (0)70-240 0414.