Vopak is active in the Oil&Gas sector and has some 65 terminals for storage of liquids (incl. joint ventures) in appr. 25 countries worldwide. With a turnover of € 1,3 billion and some 3.500 employees it is global leader in its marketsegment.
The company is organized in regional divisions: Netherlands, EMEA, Asia, China and the Americas. The largest hubs are in NL, Houston and Singapore.
Category management is globally centralized in the Rotterdam Headquartes for both equipment (e.g. pumps, valves, instrumentation) and for services (e.g. maintenance, painting, scaffolding).
The category management department counts 3 positions, plus the manager. He reports into the global purchasing director. Total spend of the company is some € 600 mio. of which appr. € 350 mio. Opex.
Each category manager is responsible for designated equipment- and services categories and is primary contact point for a region (for this vacancy it concerns China). Nevertheless you will be in close contact with all regions. Apart from the procurement aspect in the role, your ability to communicate with stakeholders from all over the world is vital to the position.
The main procurement topics in your role are
- to secure high quality supply of selected equipment and services categories for the business.
You will therefore lead international and multidisciplinary category teams to create strategies; manage associated tender processes; close, implement and maintain contracts and execute vendor management for your categories.
- to implement standard specifications, globally identical processes and train local colleagues to actually work conform the agreed business pricniples.
You will therefore contribute to the development of processes & procedures, tools and systems to enable the Divisions, Projects and the Corporate office to effectively manage the procurement of global categories with a local supplier base.
An overview of your tasks:
- Stakeholder management;
- Market knowledge – continually seek to deepen understanding of the supplier market and translate this into an improved procurement strategy;
- Conduct tenders for investment projects and framework contracts;
- Ensure a careful supplier selection and award process, in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders;
- Organize implementation of- and compliance with contracts;
- Initiate and manage supplier improvement in the various locations;
- Ensure (periodic) supplier assessments, based on agreements, handling complaints and initiating and directing (supplier) improvement;
- Actively contribute to and implement division guidelines, processes and procedures.
You are based in Rotterdam.
International travel amounts to appr. 10% of your time.
- At least a bachelor degree;
- Procurement experience at a strategic level
- Technological background;
- Broad international experience is a must;
- Good command of Dutch and English;
- Analytic, pragmatic, excellent communication skills, empathic, organizational sensitivity and a strong personality.
The starting salary is appr. € 75.000 gross/year, depending on experience and can go up to to € 98.000 in the position. You will get 30 vacation days. A bonus applies of max. 21% (depending on company-, team and personal performance). Finally there is a an attractive pension scheme in place.
Your reaction with resumé, which shows the requested experience and knowledge, plus your motivation letter, can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further infomation can be provided by Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. 06-22422161.