Company develops, produces and sells production lines for the processing of mainly poultry and fish. In this niche it is one of two major global players. The present turnover is appr. € 1.3 billion and it has some 6.000 employees. Half the turnover is realized in Europe and the rest is equally divided between North America and the rest of the world. The ambition is to grow to € 3 billion in 5 years time. To a considerable degree this growth will be realized by means of acquisitions.
The Dutch plant is located in Eastern Brabant and employs some 2.000 people.
Procurement is part of the ‘Global Supply Chain’ department. The Global Category Manager IT Procurement reports into the Director Global NPR procurement (a Dutchman). The position is based in Eastern Brabant.
In your role your prime stakeholder is the CIO. The most eyecatching developments in the IT area are the growth target that needs to be achieved by means of acquisitions and the resulting IT integrations, the global roll-out of an ERP system, plus running projects to standardize and to reduce the number of suppliers so as to achieve savings. In all these projects you need to play an important role.
Furthermore, you are expected to:
- Develope a global procurement strategy for IT (hardware, bespoke software, licences, services, security, telecoms, etc.) in close cooperation with your major stakeholders
- The ensuing roll-out of this strategy
- Select, contract and manage the supplier base for your category, again in close cooperation with your stakeholders. This is a difficult task as many suppliers are de facto monopolists and/or bottleneck suppliers and therefore will require you’re the utmost of your strategic and communicative abilities your creativity to vary on the set path towards your goal, as well as of your tenacity
- Function as prime business partner from procurement in the IT organization
- Frequently report on the basis of you targets/KPI’s.
- Bachelor or Master diploma
- Solid IT procurement experience in a technical, international and corporate environment
- Experience with all aspects of IT procurement (hardware, IT services, bespoke software, licenses, data- and telecommunication)
- Knowledge of the major (international) legal aspects of IT procurement (IPR and liability mainly)
- Knowledge of ITIL process management and -project management methodologies like Prince II
- Teamplayer, strategic, analytic, strong communicator, selfstarter, tenacious
- Very good command of English. Command of Dutch is an advantage
A gross salary up to appr. € 70.000/yr, depending on your experience and knowledge, a profit dependent bonus of average 5%, a personal bonus, 39 vacation days and a good pension arrangement.
Please contact Maarten Smits van Oyen (06-22422161) for further info or send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.