Our principal is a global, chemical company active in health, nutrition and materials. It has appr. 20.000 employees and net sales of around €7 billion.
The relevant Business Group has production sites in the Netherlands, Spain, Germany, USA and China.
You report into the European purchasing manager of the Business Group Resins. You will support 15 manufacturing sites (6 in Europe, 4 in US, and 5 more in Asia).The procurement department mainly focuses on the direct procurement (sourcing and supplier management) of BOM/raw materials (excl. packaging), contract manufacturing and utilities, with a total spend of appr. € 250 mio. in Europe and € 500 mio. globally.
In your role of Global purchaser you will primarily be responsible for the procurement of raw materials (chemicals) for the production of resins, which are applied in the production of powder coatings, adhesives, etc.
The total team that reports into the European purchasing manager consists of 8 persons, of which 5 Global buyers, a purchasing assistant, a contract manager and a junior buyer.
You will be responsible for a spend of appr. € 45 mio.
In principle you will procure for the European plants within the Business Group, but for a number of important raw materials you will also procure for the North American region and you will come to work closely with your colleagues in China. Where possible you will look for synergies with other Business Groups and Business Units.
You bring professionalism to the Procurement team, by driving implementation of leading edge Purchasing capabilities. As result of previous efforts, Purchasing is truly seen as a value adding business function within the Business Group and the entire organization.
Your internal stakeholders are R&D, manufacturing, supply chain (a.o. operational procurement), regional sales directors, business segment managers and your colleagues in other geographies. You are part of the operations team, together with sales, operations, finance, etc.
Within company headquarters there is a small central department that supports ‘direct procurement’ in areas such as benchmarking/best practices, marketanalysis/business intelligence, etc.
You steer your business on the following KPI’s: minimized TCO/savings, working capital (factoring, payment terms), risk management, supplier performance, % spend covered by contracts, and special projects (focusing on innovation and sustainability).
You will work from the plant in the Tilburg region. International travel will take appr. 30-40 % of your time.
You will probably have the following profile:
- relevant Bachelor or Master degree
- ambitious and desiring to grow quickly within DSM/DRF
- broad and successful experience in international procurement of direct spend
- ability to demonstrate a truly global / international mindset
- sound experience applying strategic sourcing methods (e.g. focused on focus on margin expansion (identify and execute cost-out programs) and cash flow improvement)
- experience leading high value negotiations for multiple stakeholders
- sector experience in manufacturing (e.g. automotive, food, chemicals)
- you are comfortable in a matrix organization and strong at stakeholder management.
- you have a continuous improvement mindset – not afraid to challenge the status quo
- streetwise, strong soft skills, inspiring leader, forward looking, critical
- creative, teamplayer, courageous and change focused
- fluent in English.
The starting salary is appr. € 80.000 gross/year, and may increase up to € 94.000. You will get 25 vacation days. A bonus applies of max. 12% (depending on company-, team and personal performance), furthermore there is a personal budget of 6,11% (for extra vacation days, additional training, additional salary, etc.). Finally there is a an attractive pension scheme in place.
Your reaction with resumé, which shows the requested experience and konwledge, plus your motivation letter, can be sent till 15 june 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further infomation can be provided by Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. 06-22422161.