Company was founded in 1999, shows a growth of some 20% per year, has 11 offices around the world and more than 400 employees. Despite being a global test and quality solutions leader, it is not well known for a quite peculiar reason: its products create such a competitive advantage to its customers that these do not want company to talk about it. It developes and manufactures tailor made test and inspection systems for leading companies in a.o. the automotive, aerospace & defense and semiconductor sectors.
In the Netherlands, the company is based in the Nijmegen region.
You will come to report to the operations manager Europe. Depending on your experience you may come to manage the mechanical engineering team in the Netherlands, now a team of 2 and set to grow as soon as new colleagues are attracted. You are part of a European team of now 7 mechanical engineers.
As mechanical engineer you are responsible for the mechanical part of the testing concept that you conceive together with your fellow engineering professionals and that will be presented to the customer in the concept/tender phase and you will contribute to the cost estimate for the project.
The project team needs to understand the functionalities of the product and the physics involved to be able to design an optimum test method integrated into the customer’s production line. It needs to handle vision systems, mechanicals, controls, user experience and interfacing plus material handling processes. A team usually comprises a number of different specialist engineers. You will therefore need to possess a flair for efficient, elegant design and a talent for integrated systems.
Some 10% international travel will be involved.
We think that an engineer with all these skills will have at least 5 to 10 years of experience as a design engineer.
You will also need:
- Bachelor level mechanical engineering or mechatronics with design talent
- Solid basis in pneumatic, hydraulic, electric and mechanical drive systems and good understanding of pick and place and material handling equipment
- Good basis in physics and a high abstraction level
- Teamplayer, well able to work with people from different cultures
- Very good command of English (Dutch is not required).
- Highly competitive employment terms
- This will challenge you technically and conceptually
- Rapidly growing, successful and technology driven organization
- Solid market position and unique proposition
Contact Paul Schut at 06-53413339 or apply with your CV and a portfolio of your work, to email@example.com.