Our principal is a Dutch, young and rapidly growing (awards winning) developer and producer of high-tech equipment. It has offices and production facilities in the Netherlands (Den Bosch area) and in the US and employs some 300 people.
You will report into the Supply Chain & Manufacturing manager (COO) and are part of the SC&M management team. You will also act as his righthand. SC&M employs approximately 100 persons in The Netherlands. In addition, an exclusive assembly and distribution partner in America employs 30 persons.
You will manage a small team consisting of 1 supply chain specialist, 1 production planner and 1 bill of materials coordinator. They ensure correct and complete material master data, optimized supply chain planning and production planning.
The input for your work comes from many stakeholders: primarily Sales, Product Management, R&D and Finance, but also from Manufacturing and Procurement. It is your prime task to plan the production for both locations and ensure the correct availability of parts (quality, volumes, location). Reducing costs through improved planning and global inventory management is also an important element in your role.
The issues that you face start with quite inaccurate sales forecasts. It is therefore of utmost importance that you are able to challenge the sales team to come with more reliable data and be able to generate better forecasts in close cooperation with your main stakeholders. On the other hand, it now seems that the planning tool in the Dynamics 365 application does not function well; improving the logic of this tool is therefore another important task, so as to enhance the reliability of the planning-data it generates.
Your other tasks:
- Defining and continually improving the planning department strategy;
- Defining and continually improving planning performance indicators;
- Optimize and document processes (utilizing Lean Six Sigma and the ERP system);
- People recruitment, retention and development with the support of HR;
- Supporting outsourced assembly and distribution partnership in the US;
- Improving supply chain reliability, together with procurement;
- Representing SC&M in meetings such as S&OP.
Do you fit this profile?
- Relevant Bachelor Degree;
- Sound management experience;
- > 7 years planning experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience with ERP systems; Dynamics 365 is an advantage;
- Experience using Lean 6Sigma tools, L6S Green Belt is an advantage;
- Proficient in Dutch and English, written and spoken
- A starting salary of appr. € 70.000 gross/year, depending on your experience; 27 vacation days; option to acquire shares in the company.
- There is a possibility that you will start with a contract via Xentys, after which you will (in case of good performance) get an employment contract with the principal.