This multinational, middle-sized equipment manufacturer has shown fast growth during the last years, based on its innovative product line and continuous investment in R&D.
Location: Central Netherlands.
You will report into the COO and become part of the Operations management team, which includes the managers of Planning, Logistics, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Assurance and New Product Introduction. You are a business partner for Product Management and R&D.
Your team will include 3 senior purchasers and 3 purchasing assistants.
You will lead all procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable company’s R&D, production, distribution of products and materials and service items. It will also be your task to develop and execute a procurement strategy to facilitate growth, prevent risk in the global supply chain and reduce inventory and cost.
At the moment indirects/NPR are not part of spend, but this may change once the required improvements in the present scope of your responsibilities have been implemented.
You will be responsible for
- Development and execution of the procurement strategy
- Leading your team
- Securing operational procurement processes
- Assure early procurement involvement for R&D and ensure on time supplier readiness, from supplier selection to contract negotiation and till contract execution/vendor management
- Strategic supplier development and monitoring
- Align with internal stakeholders : Product Management, R&D, Finance, Legal, Manufacturing and Logistics on key objectives, initiatives and processes
- Driving operational excellence in the value chain, including smart sourcing concepts, to improve supply chain reliability, assure quality and lower total cost.
- Bachelor or Master degree
- At least 10 years senior supply chain management experience
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing/procurement for NPI and medium/high level discrete production
- Ability to introduce best industry practices
- Hands-on experience building strong teams
- Strong communicator, easily engaging people
- Analytical and visionary
- Helicopter view, yet eye for detail and execution
- Good command of both Dutch and English.
- Salary: around € 100K, depending on your experience
- 27 days of paid leave per year
- Stock option scheme after the 1st year
- Commuting allowance
- Pension scheme: Metalektro, 75% pension premium paid by employer
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you desire additional information, please contact Maarten Smits van Oyen at 06-22422161.
Be prepared for a live case to test your skills as part of the selection process.