DSM is looking for a Procurement manager Opex/Capex for the site in Waalwijk, where Coating Resins are produced. The Waalwijk site also houses R&D activities for the business group.
The position reports to the Hub manager North-West Netherlands within the regional organization Europe1 (Netherlands) and is responsible for both sourcing and overall contract management. The Procurement manager supports the activities in Waalwijk and also for the business group headquarter in Amsterdam and the site in Zwolle, in total a spend of approximately € 45 Mln.
The functions that are actively supported include Manufacturing, Maintenance, Engineering, R&D and Site management. The focus for the Procurement manager is on capturing all NPR spend (mainly OPEX, CAPEX up to a project value of appr. € 2 mio. and to a lesser degree Facilities and ICT), co-developing and executing an aligned sourcing plan.
In everyday activities the Procurement manager will work closely together with central Category managers, the site Operational Buyer and the site Contract Performance Manager (who reports into the maintenance manager).
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Be the first point of contact for all stakeholders on the site Waalwijk, coordinating all purchasing activities.
- Create a sourcing strategy / purchasing plan for his/her sites.
- Implement the sourcing strategies for his sites by identifying opportunities, initiating and executing strategic sourcing projects, conducting fact based contract negotiations and subsequently leading the implementation of these contracts.
- Define and lead cross-functional sourcing teams.
- Develop and manage relationship with suppliers, track and develop their performance.
- Manage and lead supplier performance improvement projects.
You approach purchasing strategically and know that you work for ‘the business’. A business which already is purchasing-minded.
Your profile is most probably as follows:
- A completed, relevant academic background (preferably a Master’s diploma)
- Broad and successful experience in technical procurement
- ‘Streetwise’, strong communicator
- Strategic approach to purchasing, conceptual and analytical
- Creative, teamplayer, service minded, ability to challenge stakeholders
- Good command of Dutch and English.
The salary depends on experience and background, but can be named considerable. You will get 25 vacation days. A bonus applies of max. 12% (depending on company-, team and personal performance), furthermore there is a personal budget of 6,11% (for extra vacation days, additional training, additional salary, etc.). Finally there is a good pension scheme in place.
Please send your application incl. resumé and motivation, showing that you possess the required experience and background, latest 15 february 2017 to email@example.com.
Additional info can be obtained from Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. 06-22422161.