Our principal, based in the Dordrecht region, is global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for dredging and wet mining, and is an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. The organization has a focus on innovation, from the design stages, thru construction to life-cycle support. The newbuild organization is backed by a worldwide support organization, employing about 3000 professionals in 36 locations worldwide. Due to growing demand, the company is looking for a Project Buyer (Shipbuilding).
The average value per project is around € 50 mio. Purchases and subcontracting may amount to 80% of the project value. That is where you come in. Of course you are heavily involved in the construction process, closely working together with engineers, supply chain organization and the yard itself. You deal with all materials and components, needed for the new build, such as loading arms, deck and drilling equipment, navigation and communication systems, propulsion equipment, etc.
Your suppliers are based all over the world, more and more also in the Far East. Your commercial role is to select and create deals with these suppliers, focusing on quality, logistics and total cost. Consequently you create PO’s, monitor timely delivery, solve delivery problems, intervene in case of potential breaches or conflict situations, prepare reports for management and assure that all relevant product and procurement documentation is received/in place.
- bachelor degree (HBO) in technical commercial area, preferably with additionan NEVI 1 certificate
- 2- 4 years procurement experience in a technical/production environment
- experience working in project teams
- detailed understanding of purchasing processes, with focus on results, timeliness, accuracy and quality
- strong communication skills and a good teamplayer
- ability to identify and mitigate structural delivery risks
- excellent command of English
- A full-time position in a dynamic environment
- Competitive salary and secondary benefits (pension plan, profit share, travel allowance)
- Ample opportunities for further personal and professional development
Please respond before March 10th, by sending your CV, containing your experience and expertise, plus your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained by calling Folkert Schroten, tel. +31 (0)6-2906 6789, or +31 (0)70-240 0414.