Multinational FMCG corporation, active in sportsshoes and -apparel, largest global brand in this sector of industry. Continous growth for the last 20 years.
The logistic centre for EMEA, located in the Herentals/Ham region in Belgium, counting appr. 250.000 m2, distributes to wholesellers in the region and on-line sales to consumers. In total more than 3000 employees work on site. The incoming stream of goods is for 95% delivered by barge. After processing, the outgoing flow of goods is transported intermodular and by means of express-services. In total about 1 million packages a day leave base.
The culture of the organization is characterized by positive-mindedness, teamwork, perseverance, pride, sustainable entrepreneurship and respect for both the individual and the environment. The bar is high and the atmosphere informal and relaxed.
A programm is running to augment the existing facilities by appr. 100.000 m2 of processing space. The programm team is responsible for design, build and operationalization of this brand-new Apparel Distribution Center and counts some 40 members. It is headed by the sr. programm director and has four ‘workstreams’: Construction; Material Handling; IT & Infrastructure; Retrofit.
At present the programm is in the stage where groundwork and piling are taking place.
In this strategic role you will report into the sr. programm director.
You will be driving the integration and coordination of the project plans created by the various ‘workstreams’ to create a consistent, coherent and successful program of work. This way ensuring a qualitative integration of all the project tracks, where interdependencies are early identified, risks are mitigated in time and milestones are not jeopardized. Communication across the ‘workstreams’ is critical as transparency will ensure that programm objectives are met.
- Integrated Project Planning: drive a strategic and predicatble approach towards set-up and management of the coordination and integration of project tracks.
- Cross-functional approach: create and maintain a consistent, coherent overview with interdependencies of all ‘workstreams’. Identify and mitigate risks in time before they can become issues by closely collaborating with the various track owners. Ensure that a solid cross-functional resource plan is kept up-to-date. Make recommendations and/or choices about cross-track resource allocations, trading-off among competing objectives and alternatives.
- Communication: ensures communication to project stakeholders and their expectations is well managed.
- Influencing skills: Read the organization and understand, interpret and analyse different perspectives. Ability to drive towards consensus. Presents ideas and solutions in easy-to-understand manner to influence people and decisions.
Work independently across the various levels of the project team and its stakeholders.
- Academic (HBO/WO) degree
- Strong background in project management, especially in the coordination between- and integration of projectteams
- A proven track record of delivering results (quality, time, budget) on major-size projects
- Logistics/supply chain experience is a strong plus
- Sound experience with (implementation of) ERP, WMS systems
- Effective communication skills in English
- Good knowledge of Powerpoint (presentations) and Visio (process mapping)
The assigment starts a.s.a.p. and is full-time. Duration may be up to 2 years.
Please send your detailed resume describing required experience and knowledge, plus your desired fee and availability, latest 28 May 2017 to email@example.com.
Additional information can be obtained by calling Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. +31.6.22422161.