The headquarter is based in the US and globally active in the realization of sizeable, sometimes international, building projects, in the role of delegate of the principal or as main contractor. In the last role the company’s project team (design, calculation work preparation, procurement and project management) is active in the tender phase and outsources all building activities to subcontractors. In the construction phase it monitors and manages the project execution.
The company has increased its turnover in the Benelux by 10-fold in the last 4 years ! And is characterized by al level of professionalism that is rarely seen in the building/construction industry, a structured and uniform way of working, a friendly culture and a strong focus on personal development by means of trainings and giving people autonomy in an early stage. Ofcourse monitoring procedures are well in place. This gives employees the chance to learn and develope rapidly. Because of the international structure of the company, there are abundant possibilities for further growth into international positions.
Projects have a value up to € 500 mln., like the building of a large office complex, renovation of an airport building, construction of a large distribution centre, newbuild of a factory, etc. Even larger projects are being executed like the worldwide renovation of gasstations for Shell.
Your first project will be at the Shell catalyst plant in Gent (B), where the company is responsible for the management of maintenance and for replacement of equipment and extensions. You will be part of the projectteam together with the project manager (into whom you report), the construction manager and a SHE manager. The project manager reports into the overall program manager based in the US.
The work that needs to be performed can be civil, piping, mechanical, process and/or E&I. All work is outsourced to contractors. You will mainly have the task to discuss the scope of the work that needs to be performed with customer representatives, liaise with the engineering team in Rumania, give your input for Requests for Quotation (RFQ), evaluate quotations, monitor the work being performed and evaluate the results of the work performed before hand over.
You will give your input for the reporting on KPI’s, both to internal and external stakeholders. You will be based in Gent and will also work from the company’s headquarters in Leuven.
Extension projects are outsourced on an EPC(M) basis.
Beside the usual project variables like budget, planning and quality, safety gets a major amount of attention. Mainly by means of trainings, clear procedures and a lot of communication about- and reporting on safety.
After this project you will be allocated to other projects in Belgium, possibly in new/other roles, depending on your development. Ofcourse you can also apply internally for other vacancies.
- Bachelor degree in industrial-, mechanical- or civil engineering
- At least 15 years relevant engineering experience in the process industry; and at least basic experience with all disciplines: civil, piping, mechanical, process and E&I
- Good at working with IT (especially Excel)
- Good command of English and Dutch
- EU citizen or having a work permit for Belgium
- Strong communicator and teamplayer.
- Permanent contract
- Depending on experience and background a gross salary up to € 90K annually including vacation allowance and a 13th month
- 20 statutory holidays annually pro rata, 12 compensation days (ADV) for working 40 hours per week instead of 38 and each two years of service an additional day up to 4 days maximum
- Company car according to job level
- Monthly expense allowance of € 175,- net, meal vouchers of €8,- euro per working day, eco vouchers of €250,- annually.
- Group pension plan with Allianz based on 100% employer contribution: AECOM will pay 2% premium of your gross salary, which will gradually increase to 4% after 3 years of service and finally 8% after 6 years of service;
- Collective hospital insurance with DKV.
Please send your CV and motivation letter earliest to email@example.com.
Additional information can be obtained from Manisha Bodha, tel. +31.70.240 0414.