A Dutch high-tech scale-up , pioneering the technique of high-tech measuring and sensing devices at the speed of light. Clients are based in Aerospace, Energy, Medical and Mobility. Product development started in 2005, yet since beginning 2021 the company was carved out, financially backed by a private equity firm. And now they are ready for the next step: fast growth and a worldwide presence with their unique product. Current number of employees is 40 but growing fast.
There is a real scale-up mentality, all people are willing to go the extra mile.
The company is located in the Northern part of North-Holland.
Procurement needs to be fully developed within the company. You will report to the operations director and will be assisted by one operational buyer who reports to the team lead logistics.
There are over 120 suppliers, none of them have signed any agreements or contracts. So your first tasks will be to manage and consolidate the supplier base, give the most vital suppliers the attention they need, develop procurement processes, and take your part in the implementation of SAP as of beginning 2022. You will be expected to draft a yearly procurement plan based on KPI’s and the QLTC approach and get buy-in for it from your main stakeholders. The main stakeholders are, apart from the supplier and operational buyer, the operations director, R&D and engineering, logistics and sales.
At present there are large clients requiring further product development, which results in the necessity to source new suppliers and stretch the current suppliers’ capacity.
You will be working in a spacious, state of the art office environment, with room for growth, just above the production clean rooms. This job requires an entrepreneurial and flexible mindset. You need to combine your Strategic Buyer ambition/knowledge together with a hands-on/’it`s not working I will fix it’ mentality.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant area
- Strong background with (operational, tactical and strategic) procurement in a technical environment
- Experience building a procurement strategy
- Strong communicator, bridge builder
- Strong command of English is required; command of Dutch is not required, yet experience working in the Netherlands is needed
- Experience working in a corporate environment is an advantage, yet prefers to work in a scale-up
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Salary max. €80.000 per year, depending on experience and know-how.
- 27 vacation days with the possibility to buy more
- Telephone and commuting allowance
- 67% of the pension premium is paid by the employer
- Bonus (paid out as ‘stock appreciation rights’)
- Working from home 2 days per week max.
Please send your CV and concise motivation letter to email@example.com.
Additional information can be obtained from Adriaan Brok, tel. +31.70.2400414.