Emerson Automation Solutions- Final Control acquired Pentair Valves and Controls in Breda in may 2017 making this company a part of a strong multinational industry group and an important supplier to the process industry. The site in Breda includes 120 personnel and a strong network of suppliers around it. The plant counts as one of the strategic production sites in Europe, with a strong focus on technology and innovation.
The organisation needs to make a step towards on-demand production and reducing inventory and lead times, thus requiring a different service from its suppliers.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Supplier Performance Manager will support and lead the suppliers to a new level of supplier flexibility and on time delivery to make this change possible in the Breda plant. This is a great opportunity for an industry professional with strong roots in modern production and quality methods to join this ambitious and innovative company and make a real difference.
The Supplier Performance Manager will assess and develop our suppliers to deliver best in class service levels, lead time, and quality performance. You will work across a highly-matrixed organization of product managers, category manager, buyers/planners, production planners and production and inventory controls (P&IC) managers to design and transform the integrated supply network .
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supply Network (Re)Design
- Lead and Execute cross-functional, cross-facility projects to identify and implement supply network redesign. Your target is higher delivery frequency of smaller lots delivered just in time.
- Run Supply Chain workshops by engaging with product management, engineering, operations, category management, to assess and recommend make or buy strategies. Secure capacity in the supply chain to support growth.
- Provide analysis and metrics to drive improvements in delivery lot sizes and delivery frequency.
- Supplier Development
- Conduct supplier audits and establish corrective action plans with suppliers.
- Provide support and guidance to suppliers in how to improve their end-to-end processes.
- Help train suppliers in Structured Problem Solving, Lean & Six Sigma skills and run Supplier Lean Deployment events on site
- Supplier Performance Improvement
- Partner with category managers to optimize the supply network.
- Participate in the monthly Buyer Report meeting to resolve supplier delivery and quality issues
You will be based in Breda, your manager is based in Bar (CH). It is expected that this position will involve appr. 75% travel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain and/or operations with lean production focus.
- Minimum 7 years managing operations, manufacturing engineering or supply chain in a manufacturing environment.
- Successful past in change management, preferred in metal production.
- Extensive experience with ERP and software, preferably with SAP or Oracle
- Willing to travel around mostly European suppliers 70 to 80% of working time.
- Build shared goals and vision
- Reduce complexity and unravel conflicts
- Strive for clarity and follow up on agreements
- Gross yearly salary up to € 100.000+, depending on experience and past results
- 25 + 13 leave days
- pension plan.
Please send your CV and why you would like to do this job to : CV@xentys.nl
For further information please contact me at: email@example.com or 06-53413339