Our client, based in the Dordrecht region, develops and supplies standard and custom-built solutions for efficient operation of dredgers and related vessels. These are deployed in the marine dredging industry and for the mining of alluvial and deep-sea resources. The organization has a focus on innovation, from the design stages, thru construction to life-cycle support. The newbuild organization is backed by a worldwide support organization, in total employing some 3000 professionals in 36 locations worldwide. Due to growing demand, the company is looking for a temporary Tactical Buyer.
As Tactical Buyer you balance the requirements across the companywide supply chain, in close cooperation with your internal stakeholders and departments. You will work on projects with a value from €10mln to over €50 mln, of which a substantial amount is subcontracted. Within the framework of Category Management and the specifications of Product Management you will explore the supplier market for new products, capabilities and delivery reliability,.
Your role is to manage the supplier relationships and push for continuous improvement of their performance (price, quality, delivery time and -reliability). These suppliers are based all over the world, more and more also in the Far East. You are part of a continuous improvement of the supply chain, selecting and monitoring suppliers, as well as creating agreements and purchase orders, safeguarding OSBIT delivery procedures.
- a bachelor’s degree in a technical commercial area (preferably supplemented by Nevi 1 and 2)
- more than 5 years of experience in procurement of technical products
- knowledge of shipbuilding and international trading practices
- commercial aptitude and excellent negotiating skills
- excellent command of English and Dutch
- a hands-on mentality and a service-oriented approach
- A full-time position in a dynamic environment
- Ample opportunities for further personal and professional development
- A secondment-employment contract (‘deta-vast’) for 9 months, to be followed by a direct employment contract with the principal with a competitive salary and benefits package (pension plan, profit share, travel allowance)
- You will probably be hired via a payroll organization for the duration of the temp assignment.
Please respond before February 10th, by sending your CV, containing your experience and expertise, plus information regarding your availability and remuneration, to email@example.com.
Additional information can be obtained by calling Folkert Schroten, tel. +31 (0)6-2906 6789, or +31 (0)70-240 0414.