Company is a production organization in the maritime industry, main location in the Dordrecht region plus some 30 branch offices worldwide and employs appr. 2.000 persons.
Procurement is led by the purchasing director. He leads:
· 6 category managers, 5 for direct spend and 1 for indirect (NPR) spend. Each category manager leads a team of appr. 4 persons for operational and/or tactical procurement
· project procurement team leads. Each project procurement team lead works per project with a team that is created out of a pool of tactical purchasers and expediters.
You report into the purchasing director and lead a team of 4: a tactical IT buyer, 2 operational buyers and a backoffice employee.
You are responsible for a spend of apr. € 100 mio., in IT, logistics, facilities, production consumables (MRO) and to a lesser degree marketing, lease, professional services, travel.
Your task is first of all to connect with all your stakeholders, from the CFO to the catering organization and create an overview of- and analyse your business. Thereafter you are expected to make a category plan for which you get buy-in from your major stakeholders. It will need to focus on control of your spend by means of a reduction of the number of suppliers (now 1.800), finding opportunities for improvement and/or savings, improving processes and reducing complexity. One of the challenges will be to counter departments and/or managers that have a predefined preference for a certain supplier.
Furthermore you are expected to:
- effectively manage the C and D suppliers (tail spend)
- manage your team by effectively allocating the work load, motivating team members, allocating responsibilities and applying accountability.
The company works with 2 ERP systems, MARS and IFS.
International travel will remain very limited.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree
- Solid experience with NPR spend
- Affinity with the maritime sector
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both spoken and written
- Strong communicator
Gross salary up to appr. € 90.000 per year, depending on experience and background, 40 vacation days, mobility budget, pension scheme.
Your office will be in the Dordrecht region. Post-covid it is foreseen that you can work 2 days/week from home (in close consultation with your manager).
Then please send your CV and motivation to: email@example.com
For more info you can call Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. +31.70.2400414.