Our client, based in the Dordrecht area, is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea. Its core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and sites and offices all over the globe, the company has local presence and support for customers on every continent. It offers 24/7 service worldwide and it’s services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With its commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, company continuously strives to meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world. As the portfolio is growing steadily, so is the turnover (from € 120 mio to € 250 mio).
The client is looking for a Warehouse Manager to join its organization.
As Warehouse Manager you are part of the Supply Chain management team of the Services Division, reporting to the Supply Chain Manager. You will lead the warehouse activities for the regional production sites, including the warehouse operations outsourced to a logistics partner. You manage 2 supervisors directly, plus 40 employees (indirect reports).
In addition to your regular management responsibilities, you will take the lead in preparing your department for tomorrow’s business demands. Your main challenge is to cope with growing volumes – due to the increased portfolio – and to balance the cost and quality requirements in close cooperation with the purchasing and production teams and other internal stakeholders. A second challenge is the roll out of a new ERP system within the department, with a substantial effort in testing, training and change management.
You are expected to define strategic objectives for the department, and to make and execute the related plans for day-to-day operations. This includes initiating, defining and executing process improvements within the department and corresponding business areas. While at all times ensuring that all inbound, stock and outbound processes are handled in a timely, efficient and correct manner to safeguard the company’s delivery performance (KPI’s).
You will support the business process owner for logistics to define the long-term warehousing plan.
To be eligible for the position of Warehouse Manager, you must be a self-motivated and innovative logistics professional and have:
- a master or bachelor degree and a minimum of five years’ relevant experience
- management experience in a warehousing environment, preferably in the maritime industry
- the ability to think and act on strategic level towards senior management
- solid knowledge of logistic processes, documents and (ERP) systems
- a solid understanding of change processes, coaching and people management
- a process- and result-driven outlook, with a disciplined approach to monitoring progress
- excellent cooperation and communication skills, as well as a hands-on mentality
- Dutch as your native language, plus proficiency in English.
An (online) assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process.
- A full-time position in a dynamic environment
- Ample opportunities for further personal and professional development
- A secondment-employment contract (‘deta-vast’) for 9 months, to be followed by a direct employment contract with the principal with a competitive salary and benefits package (pension plan, profit share, travel allowance)
Please respond before March 15th, by sending your CV, containing your experience and expertise, plus your motivation letter to email@example.com.
Additional information can be obtained by calling Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. 06-22422161 or +31 (0)70-240 0414.