Civil engineer ‘structures’
Headquartered in the US, the company employs some 87.000 people and has a turnover of $18,2 billion. It is active in appr. 150 countries in the realization of sizeable, sometimes international, environmental, infrastructural and building projects, in the role of delegate of the principal or as main contractor.
The company is characterized by al level of professionalism that is rarely seen in the construction industry, a uniform way of working, a friendly culture. The company has a strong focus on personal development by means of trainings and giving people autonomy in an early stage while keeping monitoring procedures in place. This gives employees the chance to learn and develop rapidly. Due to the international structure of the company, there are abundant possibilities for further growth into international positions.
Our principal has been co-awarded a multi billion Euro infrastructural project in the Stockholm area. This new dual, three-lane motorway will for most of the route, some 18km, be underground. It will be the longest road tunnel in the world with a total length of over 50 km. The project is expected to last till 2026.
At their deepest point, the tunnels will be almost 100m below ground. A complicated multilevel interchange will connect to the rock tunnels. It involves the construction of new bridges, underpasses, further tunnels and retaining walls, as well as the upgrade of existing structures.
The use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) is key to managing the complexities of this major infrastructure project. The design phase will be delivered by more than 500 people from 19 different disciplines across seven different countries.
The project team
The company now employs some 28 personnel for the Nordics region and is based in Stockholm. As part of the team you will at first report into the managing director for the region. The team consists of colleagues focusing on civil (rock, geo, road), rail and project management. The staff in the region is foreseen to grow to 50 – 60 in 2019.
In this position you will be involved in the abovementioned project specific to assist in the structural analysis and design of infrastructural works, assist in the management of small and medium sized projects, as well as provide support on large projects.
- Take responsibility for the preparation of structural calculations.
- Application of the current local and Eurocodes & Regulations in the design of structures.
- Undertake structural analysis and design using both computer & hand techniques.
- Contribute to the independent technical review of analyses prepared by others.
- Assist in the management of project in order to provide clients with deliverables on time and within budget.
- Have a desire to learn new skills and the ability to consider the wider engineering issues related to the work being undertaken.
- Contribute to the broad range of technical skills that Advanced Structures team possess
- Bachelors (Masters is preferred) degree in an appropriate Civil or Structural engineering discipline
- Experience in the concrete and heavy steel sector
- Proven experience in the application of various foundation types, as well as competency in design of infrastructure constructed in reinforced concrete, structural steelwork, timber and masonry.
- Experienced in use of commercially available design software packages.
- Ability to accurately communicate technical requirements using hand drawn sketches.
- Sound experience with computer analysis and the conversion of -output into practical engineering solutions.
- Demonstrable track record in the preparation of designs
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously
- Good command of both Swedish and English, written and verbal.
In this role a salary is foreseen of max. SEK 48.000 gross per month, depending on experience and on full-time basis (40 hours/week). Company pays all employer’s costs. You will get a permanent contract, with flexible working hours, work-from-home is possible. An annual Friskvardsbidrag up to SEK 3000, health insurance, pension scheme and 27 vacation days.
Please send your CV and motivation letter earliest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained from Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. +31.6.22422161 (mobile) or +31.70.240 0414 (landline).