The Business Group DSM Engineering Plastics (DEP) develops, produces and sells a broad range of innovative and sustainable engineering plastics, such as Stanyl (Polyamide 46), Stanyl ForTii (Polyamide 4T), Akulon (Polyamide 6 and 66), EcopPaXX (PA410), Arnite (PBT en PET), Arnitel (thermoplastic elastomer) and Xytron (PPS).With an of organization of 2000+ employees, 23 sales offices and 8 manufacturing sites worldwide it serves leading customers in the Automotive, Electrical & Electronics, Packaging, Railway and other specialty businesses in a safe and sustainable way.
The Global Purchasing department of DSM Engineering Plastics (DEP) is responsible for leading purchasing and sourcing strategy within DEP’s organization by setting the standard and supporting and challenging the organization in meeting customers’ requirements and expectations. For this department we are looking for a Global Category Manager.
• Category Manager of Several Raw Materials
• Responsible for the supply market intelligence build-up together with business market intelligence team to cover the full value chain of the assigned categories
• Responsible for identifying external supplier’s innovation which will benefit DEP development
• Responsible for relationship and performance management with respect to supplier and key main players in the industry
• Responsible for monitoring contract compliance, including rebates, bonuses and discounts arrangements
• During a Sourcing project, drive strategic Sourcing process as the virtual team leader of the cross functional Sourcing team
• Develop and track pro-actively cost saving programs with suppliers
• Act as the regional team member of the assigned category teams
• Develop and implement sourcing strategy and activities for the assigned categories
• Responsible for realizing the targets as set in the approved Business Purchase Plan for the responsible categories
• Define and validate the sourcing strategy and category plan by using internal and external analysis
• Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) in collaboration with support of Sourcing analysts
• Manage and facilitate the collaboration within the cross-functional team. Provide team members with direction and support throughout the steps and activities of the strategic sourcing process, applying appropriate and defined methodology and tools.
• Be responsible for the relationship establishment and management with suppliers.
• Ideally advance university qualifications, preferably in business administration, commerce, engineering or other relevant discipline, a combination of Chemist and MBA is preferred.
• Professional experience (5-10yrs), preferably in Supply Management discipline and multinational company experiences.
• Be able to lead a global cross functional and multi-cultural team with different disciplines.
• Is able to defend the strategy external as well as internal.
• Project Management skills are needed.
• Recognized qualification in Purchasing
• In depth category knowledge.
• Purchasing processes (Sourcing and operational) in business-to-business context.
• Total Cost of Ownership Awareness & Analysis, Supply Chain Awareness, Master of Purchasing Processes, Industry & Commodity expertise, Industry & Market Analysis, Supplier Analysis & Selection, Risk Management, Supplier Negotiation & Evaluation, Contract Design, Language Skills, IT Awareness & System Capability, Project Management
The Procedure & Contact
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and help solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of its employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.