Program manager (aerospace)
The company designs, manufactures, delivers and services systems and components for most of the world’s leading commercial aircraft manufacturers and airlines. Programs are either focused on design/development of new products or on improving existing products.
The culture in the company can be described as driven by sales and engineering, and hard work to deliver on promises made. Creating a better balance towards planned execution of projects is a target for the company and the new program manager.
The company is located in the Randstad.
You will report to the Programs Director. As program manager you will typically at one time lead one New Product Development project and several projects for Product Improvement (Sustaining Projects). These projects vary in value between € 5 and € 15 million, and differ in commercial complexity, scope and timing.
Your program team will include members from Finance, Procurement and Engineering. Production takes place in a fully owned Far East subsidiary.
You are responsible for program execution, commercial and operational results and delivery on time. You are the customer liaison for strategic and tactical topics. Frequent travel is part of the job.
You will plan and monitor execution and report on progress, financial result (actual and expected) and ensure stakeholder involvement. You own and control the customer contract review. Regular reporting on progress, forecast and results in relation to agreed goals is essential, as is acting on the forecast.
Your goals are
• Accurate, fact based reporting to stakeholders
• Planning and forecasting with solid risk management
• Hands-on and effective involvement in operational issues
• Building a stronger role for program management with the stakeholders
• Productive interaction with sales and engineering .
• Engineering or Production engineering education HBO/MSc level. Background as Engineer or Project Manager in a technical setting (preferably automotive, aerospace or high tech).
• Experience with new product development.
• Analytical, organised, stress resistant and reliable. You facilitate by bringing order, insight and clarity to the project.
• Experience in contract management, dealing with demanding customers and vendors.
• Robust, yet modest communicator. Excellent command of English, command of Dutch is an advantage.
• You lead by serving the team and the customer and bringing order and focus to the project.
Your base salary is max. € 75K gross/year, depending on your experience and background. Your bonus is max. 20% of your yearly salary, depending on your performance and company performance (average bonus is 15%/yr.). 25+13 vacation days plus compensation for commuting costs. You will probably start with a one year contract. The terms and pension is PME based, and a significant CAO raise is expected.
Please use the xentys.nl/cv link or contact Paul Schut: firstname.lastname@example.org | 070-240 04 14