Program manager (aerospace)
The company designs, manufactures and services systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers. Programs involve the design, assembly and delivery of these systems and components for commercial aircraft, for companies (key accounts) like Airbus, Boeing, Embraer, Bombardier. There is a difference between programs focused on design/development of new products and improving existing operations programs. Whether it is Commerce, Finance, Operations or Engineering, the aim is to provide excellent service to its key-customer accounts.
The company is located in the Randstad.
You will report into the director programs.
The program manager will lead several programs and/or projects, which will differ in commercial complexity, scope, timing and budget. Your program team will have members from e.g. Finance, Procurement and Engineering. You are responsible for an excellent program execution, both commercial and operational and ensuring fulfilment of the contract to the customer within time, quality and budget. To realize this, you compile an Operational Plan and ensure this is agreed upon with all stakeholders. Extra attention is given to the efficiency and effectiveness of the operational activities, with targets focused on labor spend, procurement, quality and process.
- Own customer demand profile and sales plans, yearly / monthly
- Develop and manage strategic customer improvement plans
- Serve as customer escalation point to resolve chronic, systemic, high impact issues
- Own and control the contract review process
- Report on performance to rolling plan (revenue, margin, price, volume)
- Customer focal point for strategic and tactical topics, escalation point for operational issues (e.g. customer complaints re. delivery & quality)
- Coordinate site production rate readiness with the planning team
- Ensure goal alignment between customers and program scorecard metrics and reports
- Partner with planning team to develop, establish and implement On Time Delivery processes/metrics, guidelines and policies
- Interface with multi-functional teams within the group to support better supply-demand planning
- Set, control, and manage program budgets
- Regularly reporting on progress and results in relation to agreed KPI’s and take measures in case of deviations.
- Managing your stakeholders, your (integrated program) team, the Program Management organization, management of the operating company and last but not least your key-account
- Supporting and providing advice (with or without request) to the Program Director, for instance in relation to strategy, vision, objectives and planning.
- Background as Project Manager in an engineering or industrialization setting with several years of relevant experience (preferably in the automotive, aerospace or high tech assembly industry)
- Concluded education on bachelor or academic level
- Proven project management and analytical skills
- Strong record of accomplishment and affinity with financial aspects, contract negotiations, contract fulfillment and contract monitoring
- Experience in dealing with large Tier one companies
- Ready to be successful in a challenging, high-pace and complex environment
- Strong communicator, showing excellent command of Dutch and English
- An influencer who is able to inspire, motivate, develop the team and get the job done internal as well external.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
In case you desire additional information, please contact Maarten Smits van Oyen at 06-22422161.
Be prepared for a live case to test your skills as part of the selection process.Solliciteer direct