European Purchaser Hydraulics
The Kverneland Group is an international producer of agricultural equipment and one of the world’s largest producers of ploughs. In 2012 Kubota from Japan acquired the Kverneland Group.
The Kverneland Group has some 2.300 employees, mainly in Europe and a turnover of appr. € 500 mio. It’s headquarter is officially based in Stavanger in Norway, but the Dutch location in Nieuw Vennep is gradually becoming the practical headquarter. The Nieuw Vennep location is an important production site and it houses the global procurement organization.
As European Purchaser, you are part of the global procurement organization, an international team of 5 strategic purchasers, who report into the Group Procurement Director (Japanese).
Your focus is on contracting and supplier management for the Hydraulics category.
Selection of suppliers, negotiating terms and conditions to support the company’s new product development, production and service organizations. You work in close cooperation with colleagues in logistics/supply chain, product development and product management, production and finance.
You develop strong supplier relationships to realize substantial improvements in the supply chains wihin your category, in terms of delivery performance, quality, overall-cost, etc.
You develop and manage a supplier base that supports quality and technical requirements and ensure lasting competitiveness. As a matter of course, you contribute to a good working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
International travel is foreseen in the role.
Your main objectives
- Supplier Development
- Secure overall competitiveness by continuous development of your supplier base;
- analyze spend per supplier and customer-group;
- identify and contract preferred suppliers,
- search for new/alternative/second source suppliers;
- develop the existing supplier base to an industry leading level;
- set savings targets per subcategory and track cost reduction.
- Factory / Business Area Support
- Optimize supplier’s delivery performance;
- Work with Production Control teams to meet inventory targets;
- Work with local teams to ensure that pricing, lead-time strategies and -opportunities are implemented and deployed at site level.
- Team development
- contribute to procurement improvement initiatives.
- At least a bachelor diploma in Engineering;
- Verifiable theoretical knowledge of procurement;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a purchasing position, probably in manufacturing/production;
- Good command of Dutch and English;
- Analytic, curious, flexible;
- Background in a corporate environment and good intercultural akills;
- Good understanding of all aspects of QHSE.
Please respond before 30 th november, by sending your CV, containing your experience and expertise, plus your motivation letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained by calling Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. +31.6.22422161.Solliciteer direct