International chemical company. European headquarters, with a large procurement dept., is based in Amsterdam.
The procurement department is headed by the CPO. He has 2 direct reports: the VP of Indirect procurement and the VP of Raw materials procurement. The entire Amsterdam procurement team comprises more than 100 persons. Within the Indirects team, the Indirect Contractors and energy team counts appr. 15 persons: Global category managers, Sourcing managers, and Operational buyers and are led by the Head procurement of Indirect contractors and energy.
The culture in the Amsterdam office can best be described as very international/intercultural, with a lot of freedom to manage your own tasks. English is the common language.
International travel is not foreseen. The home working policy is working from home 2 days/week.
In this role, your goal will be to lead operational and tactical procurement for the subcategories Contractors (inhuur) and Energy, with responsibility for the region UK, Israel and Europe.
Your objective is to secure supply chains, -quality, and -vendor service levels and achieve cost reductions while maintaining or improving service quality or vendor service levels..
- tactical procurement: you work closely together with the Global sourcing manager, by doing spend analyses or sourcing new vendors, during the supplier selection and contracting process, e.g. by preparing and coordinating ‘requests for quotation’. You identify, evaluate & select suppliers, negotiate, and close framework agreements for the EU region services within the Contractors sub-category. You monitor vendor performance and their compliance with their commitments
- to operational procurement, based on SAP: issue POs and call-offs; expedite POs to ensure timely delivery, solve delivery issues; manage the handling of invoices within your authority level.
You are closely together with the maintenance-, engineering- and production colleagues at the sites you procure for, plus your Global category manager in Amsterdam and other procurement colleagues in Amsterdam as well.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering
- 5 years of relevant work experience in tactical contracting/procurement
- Experience working in the contracting services (inhuur) market
- Excellent command of English
- Good interpersonal skills
You will start on a secondment (detachering) basis for a period of 6 months.
Max. gross salary of appr. € 65.000 per year, depending on experience and knowledge, 26 vacation days/year.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained from Maarten Smits van Oyen, 070-2400414.