Our principal develops and produces heavy equipment for the mining industry. At its site in the North of Limburg work more than 400 employees. The company is part of a UK based group with a workforce of more than 11.500 in more than 50 countries. The company has grown from a turnover of € 65 mio./yr in 2017 to € 200 mio./yr in 2022. Further strong growth is foreseen.
As a global and major player in its niche, the company is at the forefront of making the mining industry more sustainable.
At the moment the company works on an engineer-to-order basis. A SAP implementation is running.
The procurement dept. is headed by the procurement manager and divided in 3 teams:
- 8x Material planner/buyers. Responsible for planning and operational procurement, incl. expediting
- 8x Commodity buyers. Responsible for sourcing and contracting of C and D (smaller) suppliers of BOM (Bill of Material) parts and subassemblies resulting from the engineer-to-order process. Making sure that deliveries take place as planned
- 3x Category managers. Setting the category strategy and sourcing, contracting and managing the most important (A and B) suppliers per subcategory.
The company’s strategy is to move away from engineering-to-order, towards configure-to-order design and production. Thereto 8 basic configurations per product have been defined that can be optimized to suit a specific customer’s requirements.
As a result of this move towards configuring-to-order, S&OP and forecasting processes are being introduced. The spend on direct purchases is appr. € 70 mio./yr.
You report into the procurement manager and are strategically responsible for the sourcing, selection, auditing and long term contracting of BOM (C and D) suppliers for your commodity. Commodities can be fasteners, seals/rubber, etc. Your spend responsibility will be appr. € 5 mio.
You will source suppliers, request quotations, do the negotiations re. price, delivery and other conditions and manage timely delivery. You are the link between suppliers and engineering, making sure that technical changes are well received by the suppliers. You realize savings and monitor, manage and improve supplier performance (QLTC). On the other hand you facilitate the Material Planners/ Buyers and act as escalation point for issues in the supply base.
In addition you
- manage master data : new products, price lists, lead times etc.
- guide engineering changes
- participate in continuous improvement projects.
Limited travel is foreseen in the position.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably technical
- Major procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of English
- Strong communicator
- Experience with SAP is a pré
- Command of Dutch and English
- Gross yearly salary up to € 82.000, depending on experience and know-how, plus a yearly bonus between 3 and 11%
- Home working policy: 3 days/wk at the office, 2 days working from home
- 27+13 holidays/yr on full-time basis
- Pension scheme
Please send your CV and concise motivation to email@example.com.
Additional information can be obtained from Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. +31.70.2400414.