Company is the Dutch subsidiary of an international group of companies, with its headquarter in the UK. It is active in the development and production of electric propulsion systems for the automotive market. The Dutch organization has some 70 employees in the Apeldoorn area.
Two project teams are working on the development and industrialisation of new electric power trains, one team focusing on inverters (vermogenselectronica) and the other on mechanical parts.
Each team is led by a project lead and further consists of engineers for design, electronics, mechanical, software and testing, plus members representing supply chain (procurement), quality, finance, sales, after-sales and production. In this position you will be a core team member.
For these teams know-how is needed for
- the global sourcing of electronic components and the outsourcing of PCB production in Europe
- the regional (Europe) sourcing of “mechanical”
Preferably in the form of one (1) interim Category manager (full-time) for both mechanical and electronics, or if this not feasible, two (2) interim professionals, one for electronics and one for mechanical.
You will be responsible for the sourcing, selection, qualification (auditing) and contracting of suppliers for
- Mechanical: casting, machining, forging of aluminum and steel
- Electronics: production of PCB’s, as well as electronic components such as I/C’s.
You will need to manage the relationship with the contracted suppliers up to and including the industrialisation phase.
You preferably have an automotive background. Abbreviations like DFMEA, APQP, PPAP are fully familiar to you.
You will work together with colleagues in both NL and the UK, as well as with a partner organization in the USA.
Some travel is foreseen, mainly to the UK.
The home working policy is restricted to 1 day/wk working at home.
- Substantial procurement experience within automotive manufacturing (and therefore familiar with abbreviations like DFMEA, PPAP, APQP)
- Thorough experience with the global sourcing, selection and contracting of suppliers for Electronic components and/or Mechanical
- Experience working in procurement for R&D/engineering projects
- Available as of January 2023, full-time or at least 4 days/week
Start: January 2023
Duration: initial contract is 6 months, extension is foreseen
Please send your CV, desired remuneration and availability to email@example.com.
Additional information can be obtained from Maarten Smits van Oyen, 070-2400414.