Our principal is a Dutch, young and rapidly growing (awards winning) developer and producer of high-tech equipment. It has offices and production facilities in the Netherlands (Den Bosch area) and the US and employs some 300 people.
Supply Chain and Manufacturing (SC&M) employs approximately 100 people in The Netherlands and embraces Planning, Purchasing, Logistics, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance teams. SC&M has as main objective to strengthen supply chain reliability, product quality and optimizing working capital. To that end the team applies lean/6Sigma principles to optimize processes. As a fast growing business the company continually strives to further organise and standardise processes. A new ERP system will enable a systematic approach to supplier performance evaluation and development. The interim buyer will, alongside duties as buyer be tasked with deploying the ERP system to set up a system for risk analysis, performance analysis and a measuring system.
You will report into the Purchasing Manager. You are responsible for the procurement of parts for the production of high-tech (electronic) equipment, add-ons and filaments. In the first period the focus will primarily be on:
- supplier reduction, as the company now has some 160 suppliers for parts, where needed select and contract second vendors for parts;
- Source, select and contract new vendors.
- Engage suppliers to work as partners in the venture and strengthen the supply chain
- Maintain a strong relationship with your stakeholders: R&D, manufacturing, logistics, manufacturing engineering and finance.
- Risk and performance analysis of suppliers and materials
- Setting up the system and tools for supplier performance evaluation.
You will work closely with the procurement team but are also expected to be self-starting and self-reliant to set up the supplier performance system.
HBO, with a preference towards supply chain or economics
Preferred at least 5 years procurement experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment
High ethical and professional business conduct
Experienced user of ERP systems, Dynamics AX is appreciated
Strong communication skills in Dutch and English, other languages welcome
Initial contract period 3 months, full-time, starting soon with extension possible. Employment at principal company is a possibility as well.
Please send your CV and short motivation letter to : CV@xentys.nl
For further information please contact Maarten Smits van Oyen, at: email@example.com or 06-22422161.