Family owned company in Southern Limburg with more than 7.000 employees and active in 18 countries.
The company culture features strong professionalization in the last 5 years also as the consequence of a rapid international expansion. Plus: proactive, walking the extra mile, result oriented/will deliver, cooperation, short communication lines, fast paced.
The procurement department
The director Procurement & investments leads a ‘direct procurement’ team consisting of
- 4 (Senior) Category Managers
- 1 Operational buyer
- 5 Procurement Officers
There are 2 new vacancies for (Senior) Category Managers. Further expansion with a Procurement Officer is foreseen.
The director also has the following teams reporting into him:
- the ‘Indirect Procurement’ department, with several Category Managers
- the ‘Accessories & Supplies’ department.
Procurement supports the entire organization. Every Category Manager has a yearly spend of € 30 à 100 miljoen.
‘Direct procurement’ embraces a.o. heavy equipment, rolling stock, HVAC, laser equipment, scaffolding, etc.
As category manager you do have a central role within the organization. You work closely together with
- managers Fleet & Maintenance who are responsible for all equipment within a country or BU
- product managers who (sometimes group wide) are responsible for one or several categories (and mainly focus on technique and market developments).
You have a profound impact, decide about the specifications of the material you need to purchase, about choice of supplier and about the size of the investment. Your negotiation skills are extremely valuable to the organization and your focus thereby is on TCO. Because of the size of the deals you often speak at CEO level with your suppliers.
Your approach is data-driven, therefore analytic and systematic. You make category plans for which you do get internal buy-in up to board level.
Because of the growth of the department from 5 to 7 category managers, commodities will be reshuffled. Your input in terms of category know-how and -experience will impact this process.
It is foreseen that senior category managers will come to lead a small team of buyers and product experts in the near future.
You will travel a few times per year, to suppliers (usually in Europe), to exhibitions and fairs (1-3 times/year) and (1-3 times/year) within the international organization.
- HBO working and thinking level
- Analytic, conceptual, process oriented
- Solid experience with procurement in a complex, technical environment
- Experience with procurement of material, equipment and/or electronics
- Entrepreneurial, strong negotiator
- Helicopter view, able to set priorities, good eye for detail.
- Gross salary up to around €80.000 per year, depending on knowledge and experience
- Bonus of max. 1 monthly salary (depending on own and company performance)
- 28 vacation days per year (up to 5 additonal days can be bought)
- Pension scheme
- Work is in principle at the office. Home work is ad hoc, to keep the team spirit high.
Please send your CV and concise motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information can be obtained from Maarten Smits van Oyen, tel. +31.70.2400414.